How to Apply
When applying for assistance, bring with you the following information.
Proof of all income received in the household in the last 3 months. This includes:
- CSBG Intake form
- If employed, all pay stubs for everyone 18 and older in the household for the last 3 months.
- Social Security, SSI or SSDI – a statement showing the amount received every month for the current year. If direct deposit, you may show a bank statement for the current year.
- Child Support recipients must bring in a print out from the Child Support Office for the last 3 months.
- TANF recipients must show monthly amount for the last three months
- Unemployment recipients must show proof of weekly benefits or pay stubs for the last 3 months (This is available on-line)
- Birthdates and Social Security cards for all household members. Applicant needs to be able to list them on the application.
Gas and/or electric bill if you have both or an account or information on bulk fuel – even if you are only seeking assistance with one utility.
Disconnect or Termination notice – You must bring the actual bill that states utility will be disconnected.
If you rent your home, you must also provide the landlords name, address, phone number and the amount you pay in rent per month.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have all required documentation you will be asked to come back when you have everything.
Call for an appointment or walk-in. Apply at the following locations:
- LEADS Community Action Agency Paul Marsh Service Center, 160 Wilson Street, Newark, Ohio 43055 — Phone: (740) 345‑3133
- LEADS Pataskala Service Center, 12536 Adams Lane SW, Pataskala, Ohio 43062 – Phone: (740) 927‑9861
- LEADS Buckeye Lake Service Center, 41 1st, Buckeye Lake, Ohio 43008 — Phone: (740) 928‑4481
For more information call: (740) 345‑2536 or (740) 345‑3133
For your convenience, you can download the following applications, fill them out and bring them with you.